Examen d'histoire du MEES secondaire IV 2016

Concerned Student

/ #325 QUESTION 22

2016-06-17 16:02

For students who don't speak English, use google translate.

Around half of the secondary 4 students in Quebec agree that this is unfair, although the otherr half are happy with the expulsion of Question 22 because they believe they didn't succeed in the essay part. Alright, we have to be realistic because the government will not pass every single one of us just like that, or count the last question and give us 12/12 on the last question (even though that would be so ideal).
Also, the government will not force us to retake the exam in August/during the summer. Many people have summer plans that are non-refundable and the people will not be happy and will be furious at the government and will demand money to pay for their non-refundable trips. That is the last thing the government wants. That leaves us with two available solutions to this extremely complicated problem that benefits both sides.

Solution #1:

For anyone who failed the exam because Question 22 was taken off, their final grade on the exam should be curved/boosted to a pass.

For example, let's say someone has a 60% on the exam because they didn't perform well on the short questions and multiple choice questions but did really well on the essay, but then the essay gets taken off, they have a 55% average, their mark should be boosted to a 60%, but only because they were supposed to pass because of Question 22.

Solution #2:

This is highly unlikely but I hope it's possible. Count the question and give us all 12/12 on the question, or enough points on the question to make us pass. 

For example: Someone failed and has a grade between 50% and 59%, let's say this person needs a 9/12 on the essay to pass, give them that.

I seriously hope some of you agree with me, thank you.